Translate

Monday, October 26, 2009

A year ago

Malcolm in Torbay a year ago

On October 25th last year Stan and I met Malcolm and friends in Torbay so Stan could test paddle Malcolm's Nordkapp. Stan was in the market for a new boat.

It was a sunny and pleasant fall day.

Yesterday, a year later, it was cold and wet. Its been cold, wet and windy so far this fall. Normally fall is a pleasant time of year we can count on but not this year. Ah well, at least it hasn't cut into my paddling time. Yesterday, I spent an hour in St. Philips by myself to practice turning into the wind using sweep and bow rudder. It was an unplanned spur of the moment thing. It put me 41 paddles for the year ahead of the number at the same date last year.

And, Stan bought the Nordkapp, as did I. A year later, a year 99% filled with good things. Funny what kinds of mileposts we all use to measure the passage of time!

1 comment:

  1. The Romany looks very short, because it is, only 16 feet long. That's a foot shorter on each end than your Nordkapp. I paddled the Romany for several years, before I got my Greenlander Pro, then, more recently, my Nordkapps (plus Victory & the Anas Acuta). Next time I paddle, I'll use the Romany. It's a great kayak, especially for quick maneuvers.

    ReplyDelete