Translate

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A twist of fate

A foggy day in Fortune Bay

Yesterday the subject of my blog was how the glorious days of summer sustain me when we have extended days of less glorious days. It was actually a result of a chat I had with my sister the day before. She had worked all summer with a home renovation project and missed the summer. She was a bit down about that.

Life is sometimes odd. Yesterday, the day after our chat and my post, I got a call from her husband. She was in hospital having suffered a hemorrhagic stroke. That came like a thunderclap to me. She'll recover but its a reminder to me again that life can change in the blink of an eye - a motor vehicle accident, sickness, you name it.

This business of my life taking a negative turn haunts me; I wonder when it will be me. When will I be forced to rack the kayak for good? I have lots of chores to do around the home. I could spend every waking hour of everyday at it. Instead, I put in a few hours of work, then I go paddle or do something for me. Balance.

Times like this I must live positively.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that Tony. Hope all is well with your sister and you. Keeping a positive attitude is definitely a life saver for me. I'm on call again this week. Maybe a short paddle. I think we missed the full moon thingy. Been quite cloudy anyway. I'll chat tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stan. I think she'll make a recovery, just a matter of time. A little unnerving though.

    We haven't been lucky with the weather for a moonlight paddle. Just got to take what ya can get.

    Tony :-)

    ReplyDelete