Translate

Monday, October 12, 2009

Fall colours

Fall is here!

The road on the way down to our paddle destination on Saturday was lined with birch and dogberry trees that were changing into their fall garb. I wondered whether I'd see much of the fall colours from the cockpit of my boat as we paddled the shoreline. There was a large swell running which made us stay a bit further offshore so I didn't see much colour until we got down into Fermeuse harbour. Once we got into the harbour I wasn't disappointd. Its such a beautiful time of year.

Sue

The yellows and greens in Sue's boat and paddling gear are reflected in the colours of the hillside in fall splendor.

Even the rocks were turning yellow

I haven't seen this before - the grey slate rocks of the St. John's formation were losing their chlorophyl and turning yellow *lol*

Dogberry

The green and yellow dogberry leaves with its red fruit hang down over the slate grey rocks in Fermeuse harbour.

No comments:

Post a Comment