Translate

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

How vast is Thy sea ... how small is my boat

Pete leads the group out of Ferryland
(Scott Yates photo)

Unknown to us, a couple of hikers were on shore and took a picture of us on the vast ocean on Saturday when we paddled from Ferryland to Port Kerwin. We're just specks on the water. Its easy to see from this perspective why the fishermen we meet every now and then can't believe we're going out in "that". There was a 2 - 3 metre swell on but we felt secure in our kayaks.

There were five of us but I'm not in this photo. Don't know exactly why. I'm likely catching up after taking some pictures.

Ferryland lighthouse is in the background.

Tony catches up
(Scott Yates photo)

Here I've caught up with the group again. Pete must have been in a hurry to get to the lunch break knowing he's got a can of Heineken and cigarello for lunch. Its a tradition of his.

At the beach where we stopped for lunch just inside the harbour at Fermeuse the hikers caught up with us. Scott showed us the pictures but we were difficult to see on the small screen. I asked if I could get a copy and Scott obliged. I have to say, I'm impressed with his and Chris's memory to remember my e-mail address.

Its not often you get to see pictures of yourself on the water but these were good to receive. Thanks very much Scott.

2 comments:

  1. I always find pic I take in really rough waves never do it justice,however with a overview shot like this is amazing.
    http://awholebunchofings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, its hard to get a good perspective that shows the size of the waves. I find timing is the issue, sometimes the wave goes by before I can get the shot. I take as many as I can and hope there are some that do the waves justice.

    Tony :-)

    ReplyDelete