Translate

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Committed

Dean in the wind, waves and rain

The word committed was the first word that came to mind for this evening's paddle in St. Philips. It was windy, raining and a good sea running from a northerly direction. But, it was Thursday evening and after all we do this rain or shine. It would be our last practice paddle in St. Philips for this year because of early darkness. Five (Brian, Clyde, Dean and Sean) of us showed up, all committed paddlers.

Then the other meaning could also apply. I'm sure the people who could see us probably thought we should be committed. You know, to a psych ward.

I thought it as the best evening of the whole summer in spite of the rain. I took a few shots but the motion in the ocean made it hard to hold the camera steady so sadly most were blurred or off center.

The exercise of the evening for me was dumping the water out of Brian's boat. He climbed on my bow, we dumped the water out and he got back in. That was the first time I did that one. I suspect Brian was teaching me a new trick.

Its the last Thursday evening but there's interest in continuing on the weekends, which is fine with me. You can't pay to have fun like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment