Translate

Friday, October 23, 2009

Seeing double

Twins (almost) in Bauline

Yesterday was the sixth straight time paddling in challenging conditions. In the last week I've paddled with Malcolm 4 times. Malcolm wants to get to 50 paddles before the end of the season but he was stuck on 37 with his paddling regulars only able to paddle on the weekend. I have the freedom to paddle during the week so Malcolm asked if I was interested in doing some paddling.

Malcolm likes to paddle in conditions; he seeks them out. That's fine with me because, while I'm comfortable in conditions, the more time I spend in conditions the more it becomes natural. Paddling in conditions means paddling away from shore and get out in the wind and waves - not much opportunity to take pictures of scenery.

I like to dabble in all aspects of sea kayaking but given a choice I'd pick paddling in the scenery of the seashore. Its been a while. I'm not sure what paddling on calm water feels like anymore.

Yesterday we paddled in Bauline; Malcolm showed up with his Nordkapp LV. I paddle a Nordkapp. Both boats have the same colour scheme - almost twins!

1 comment:

  1. As you say, Linda, Des & I are oriented toward the paddling experience and not the coastline. That's why we can so often paddle to places like Cape Spear and never tire of it. The land stays the same, but the ocean is always different.

    ReplyDelete