Translate

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Smarties

T-rescue in progress

I had this ad's song on the brain today. The smarties ad, you know "when you eat your smarties do you eat the red ones last, do you suck them very slowly or crunch them very fast". Do you eat them like that everytime?

Reminds me a bit of kayak practice. I always try to practice something that I know I'm no good at or something that I'm uncomfortable doing. There's no point in practicing a skill that I can do blindfolded. That's not a good use of practice time.

Unless, of course, you're a skilled paddler with a full toolbox of tricks and practice is then just keeping them sharp. But, I have much to learn before I have that luxury.

Paul in the a sea (and sky) of grey

After almost two hours of paddling upwind, in a beam sea and catching some good surf rides and some self-rescues we stopped at the restaurant overlooking St. Philips harbour where Paul treated Mike and myself to a coffee and fries. From inside we looked out to where we had just been playing. We commented that the water didn't look all that challenging sitting comfortably with our coffees. Maybe it looked the part when there were kayaks bobbing up and down in the waves. Without them there was no point of reference.

Thanks for sharing the afternoon guys and thanks Paul for the coffee. I'll have to remember in future to carry some cash as the coffee was a nice treat apres paddle.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun Tony. I know I wanted to get out but got busy with home stuff preparing for next Friday as well. Will try tomorrow.

    Stan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun as usual San. Sherry asked if you made it and I said no, I think he's busy getting ready for your photo expo. So, I was right. I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll have on offer.

    Tony :-)

    ReplyDelete