Translate

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Topsail Pond

A skim of ice on Topsail Pond

Its March 30 and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw from the bottom of Topsail Pond it was clear of ice. That has to be the earliest yet so I beat it home, put the boat on the car and spent a couple of hours practicing paddle strokes and self rescues.

There was still a skim of ice on part of the pond. The rippled water was liquid but just beyond that the ice shimmers and reflects the landscape. Only one roll let me know why there was still a bit of ice.

Reflections

It wasn't all practice strokes ... some time to look for different perspectives too.

Icicles line the shore

There's still a bit of snow between the trees but where its melted the water dripped over the edge of the bank and froze into icicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment