Translate

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Group of Seven

Tony at Cape Broyle Head

The Group of Seven is a name given to a group of Canadian landscape painters from the 1920s. They worked mainly in the medium of watercolour paints.

I've been playing around off and on with Photoshop just to see what kind of effects I can get. I used the Group of Seven as an inspiration to modify a picture Malcolm took of me at Cape Broyle Head last fall.

Photoshop makes quick and easy work of producing a watercolour out of a scene but I don't think it will ever fetch the same kind of money as an authentic one-of-a-kind watercolour. The next step for Photoshop would be to produce a paint-by-numbers print that could be completed filled in with a paint brush. Now, that would be worth money!

No comments:

Post a Comment