Translate

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Full speed ahead

Freezing rain coats everything

Two days of freezing rain; what to do? Retreat inside and luckily Kayak Newfoundland and Labrador had a forward stroke clinic last night at the pool that I was signed up for.

I knew my forward stroke wasn't perfect but it gets me where I want to go and in not too shabby speed. I wasn't prepared for the humiliation I was in for when I learned pretty much everything was wrong with it.

Sea Kayaker mag has an article on the forward stroke in the August 2003 issue. Throw that out; everything's changed. Now, at least according to Paddle Canada, its more like a racing stroke like you'd see from Adam van Koeverden.

I have to assimilate everything I learned last night and see where I go from here.

2 comments:

  1. Yea, I've been working on that pesky stroke too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, its a lifelong chase for the perfect forward stroke but I'm not going to get too hung up on it until I can't keep up with the crowd anymore.

    Tony :-)

    ReplyDelete