Translate

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Simply pleasureable

Stopped for lunch

Sherry and I are taking care of Aimee's dog for a few days on account of her sickness but Aimee and dog used to live here before they moved out several months ago. Every morning I have a bowl of oats that I spruce up with cinnamon and raisins. One time one raisin fell on the floor and the dog swooped. The next morning the dog came to sit and wait for her raisin; it was the beginning of a ritual. So, now I pick out a plump raisin and let it slip onto the floor by accident. I wonder how the dog can enjoy just one raisin with a mouth so big.

I thought of my lunch stop in Conception Harbour a couple of days ago. It wasn't a stop in the middle of nowhere on a long expedition. It was on a very small beach right along the road in the community. A small space between two large boulders protected me from a northerly breeze where I could sit completely out of passing view. I felt like I was in the middle of nowhere and I felt pretty smug in my contentment. It was a bit like the raisin to the dog - just one of life's simple pleasures. The trick is recognizing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment