Translate

Friday, December 11, 2009

Troubling weather

Ice breaking at Long Pond

I've been suffering this past week and a half. Winter has arrived early and with a bang. Its not so much the cold but the wind has been consistently high. Because of that I haven't paddled since the first of the month.

When December came in I had a number I wanted to shoot for - at least 10 December paddles. Its looking doubtful. I guess I just have to accept my paddling opportunities will be limited for the next four months. Even three or four times per month would be good.

On March 23rd I paddled out of Long Pond, past Foxtrap marina as far as Kelligrews. I had to break ice on the way out and again to get back into the harbour. I enjoyed it and despite the cold it was an invigorating paddle. Stan wasn't with me on this day but we had a number of similarly invigorating winter paddles. I'm basking in the afterglow of a great summer paddling season but I'm also looking forward to more winter paddles with Stan and possibly others. If only the wind would drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment