Translate

Monday, December 7, 2009

Gobsmacked

It is what it is

I love winter. I don't need to go south for the winter. I just would like to keep the seasons in their respective pigeon holes and one drift into the other. Snow on December 6 is too early; I wanted to ease into the winter. Yesterday we got 38 cm of snow with wind gusts to 100 kms.

But I can't do anything about it, it is what it is so I accept it. I accept it and plot my next paddle, always thinking when can I get out again.

Fluff on the trees

So, the snow came early this year. I got out before the big winds came out to get a few shots of the snow gently resting on the tree branches.

I paddle during the winter when I can and when I can't I cross-country ski or snowshoe. Walking through the woods with snow covered trees is also a zen-like experience as much as paddling on the big blue ocean.

A tinge of blue in the photos adds to the mood of the early snowfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment