Translate

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Still a kayak post

Linda looks on as Trevor and Ben provide the entertainment

Trust me this is still a kayak post!

Last night Sherry and I played hostess and host to three other couples. It was our turn to host the annual Christmas dinner. We've been doing this now for over 10 years; each of us (5 couples) takes a turn to put on a festive dinner leading into Christmas. We had to miss Derek and Louise who couldn't make it this year.

Everyone puts an extra effort into the menu. The menu last night consisted of french onion soup, chicken divan, fresh (Tony grown) carrots, broccoli with 5 grain rice and fruit dessert with cappuccino flauoured yogurt. By all accounts it was enjoyed by all and that was the point.

All this takes time. I was tempted to go for a short morning paddle (I told you it was kayak related right) but thought better of it. I missed a good day for a paddle but an evening spent with good friends made up for that disappointment.

Sherry and Duke share a joke

2 comments:

  1. Canyon Walls is a great photo.

    Malcolm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it too Malcolm but I find it dark without much detail visible in the rock walls. I get inconsistent results sometimes with the digital camera and don't have the patience (or skills) Stan has to make corrections.

    Tony :-)

    ReplyDelete