Translate

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Theory of the wild goose chase

The rock in Middle Cove

A wild goose chase is an expression that means "a hopeless quest". Its a phrase that was introduced by that great bard of the English language - William Shapespeare.

Today I started out on a wild goose chase, sort of. By the time I got myself organized it was a bit late to go far afield for a paddle. I can see Conception Bay from my home and it was almost completely full of ice. I knew St. Philips had some open water so I drove by there to have a look and it was but not a lot. I decided to go to Middle Cove not knowing what to expect there but considered it worth checking out.

There was very little ice in the cove so my little wild goose chase wasn't so hopeless today after all and I put-in. Here are a few pictures from my paddle there and around Outer Cove.

Tony :-)
Here a piece of ice was left high and dry on a rock until the tide comes in again.
Its starting to warm up (above 0 C) but there are still a few icicles around. The ice in the water is keeping things cool.
There was a little ice left in the cove and a bit of swell that made for and interesting paddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment