Translate

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Theory of random acts of kindness

Stan and myself were spotted paddling out of "the Gut" in Quidi Vidi (Barry Wight photo)

On Sunday past Stan and myself paddled from Quidi Vidi to St. John's harbour and, unknown to us, were were captured on camera heading out. When we got back to the cars Stan found a note on his windshield from Barry Wight who took the photo and offered to send him copies.

When Stan sent me the pictures, the Louis Armstrong song "What a wonderful world" came to mind. Sometimes in the run of a day someone cuts ya off in traffic, doesn't hold a door or does some other kind of unkind act. But there is lots of good in the world and Barry's thoughtful act is one example. He could have just gone on his way but shared a few pictures that neither Stan nor myself could take. Thanks Barry.

"I see skies of blue ........ clouds of white
Bright blessed days ....... dark sacred nights
And I think to myself .... what a wonderful world"

The funny thing about random acts of kindness is that it feels as good to do a random act of kindness as it does to recieve one. Pass it on!

Tony :-)

Don't you feel small? Stan and myself in "the Gut"at Quidi Vidi on our way to the harbour in St. John's. We're hard to see but if the picture is enlarged we can be spotted. This looks massive from this vantage point and a bit intimidating but not at all from the vantage point of the cockpit. There was a bit of swell and crossing seas in the Gut as swell rebounds off of both sides.



No comments:

Post a Comment