Translate

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Theory of mental imagery

A seal on the ice

My last entry was about the theory of "seeing" versus "looking". I wanted to follow that up with the theory of mental imagery, in the sense that sometimes we see what we want to see.

A couple of weeks ago I went for a paddle in Torbay, Newfoundland that had some ice in it but wasn't ice choked. As I was getting ready to put in a couple of municipal workers drove up and said that there was a seal out on the ice pans. I hurried to get on the water and after a few minutes I spotted the seal. I was very stealthy as I paddled up to try and get a picture. I didn't want it to slip away into the water before I caught it on camera. As I paddled up to the ice pan it didn't move so I took some pictures and as I got really close it still didn't move. Puzzled, I paddled to the other side of the ice pan to find .....

...... a rock!
*lol*
Tony :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment