Translate

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Theory of the grassy knoll

Stan on the "grassy knoll" of Ship Island getting his "shot" of our lunch stop

Most people who were 10 or so on 22 November 1963 or who have an interest in the JFK assassination would be familiar with the term "grassy knoll". Its a small grassy raised area on Elm Street in Dallas where its alleged a second or third shot was fired at JFK.

I look upon the JFK assassination as one of those life mysteries I likely will never know the answer to. Something like what happened to the pack of Dad's cigarettes I took to smoke with a couple of friends when I was about 10. I stashed them under a rock and when I went back they were gone. Maybe one of the friends got there before me?

But that's only small stuff. Take for example, the meaning of life. What's it all about? I don't have the answer but I do know that I won't worry about it now. Its something that will be revealed (or unrevealed) in due course. For now, I'll take advantage of beautiful days, like on this day, and live in the moment. Maybe its best not to know the answers to some mysteries anyway.

Tony :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment