Translate

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Theory of in my backyard

Checking out the yachts in Long Pond

NIMBY refers to unwanted development " not in my backyard". But when a sudden paddle develops then a paddle "in my backyard" just fits the bill. Today Derrick called unexpectedly that there was a paddle on. Ralph picked me up (my car is undergoing an operation) on the way to Long Pond where Dean, Derrick, Pam, Ralph and I put-in for a paddle up the shore.

Its familiar territory but like a favorite sweater, it feels comfortable. We paddled up Long Pond before we paddled onto Conception Bay and then past Foxtrap marina and down as far as Kelligrews. We paddled approximately 17 kms which wasn't bad for the backyard on a beautiful day. Thanks guys for an enjoyable paddle and thanks again Ralph for the ride.

Tony :-)
Dean, Derrick and Ralph in the "long pond" at Long Pond

Derrick and Pam, husband and wife team. They both paddle identical strip build kayaks by Derrick and Pam is still getting the feel of the boat. It was a great day for it.

Dean and Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment