Translate

Monday, April 12, 2010

Two year deal

Neville practicing for safety

Today I got a notice from Canada Post that an expected parcel had arrived and I could go to my local post office to pick it up. It was an agreement between the Department of Transportation Office of Boating Safety and Kayak Newfoundland and Labrador to undertake and cost share a kayak safety program.

A group of us has began meeting in St. Philips on Thursday evenings for practice that hopefully will make us safer kayakers. Its not a formal thing, just a bunch of us get together to learn from each other. There are many who don't see the need which I think is unfortunate.

I hope that we can attract them to a more formal series of safety sessions that we will be able to offer under the shared funding.

No comments:

Post a Comment