Translate

Friday, February 25, 2011

SmartBay

Windy tomorrow

All the various weather forecasts report it will be an onshore day tomorrow. The source I trust most is SmartBay. They forecast 35 knot winds from the south.

The nice thing about SmartBay is that there's a wind and precipitation forecast for every three hours up to 48 hours ahead. Its a local forecast that I find very accurate and provides more detailed information than the other sources.

The forecast map looks as angry as I'm disappointed that I won't be paddling this weekend. Its just one of those things I have to accept because it can't be changed.

5 comments:

  1. me too I had planned a ride for this weekend but the local avalanche bulletin is not encouraging. damn, are you sure we cannot do anything for changing things :-)? have a nice weekend anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avalanches (or heavy wind) are not something to take lightly Gio thought some do and pay a big price. I'll bottle some wine, sew up a throw bag and maybe watch a bit of football - even from Italy - Juve - Bologna looks to be the best game to see.

    You have a good one too!

    Tony :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link tony. Never knew about it, look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That'll be a useful source of weather info when you move home Lee.

    Tony :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 97 days...not that Im counting

    ReplyDelete