Translate

Monday, February 14, 2011

Cold tollerance

What is this?

Well, its not a prize winning photo that's for sure!

Saturday I went out for a paddle in -12C (-20C windchill) weather. The Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 camera is rated to work down to -10C.

I paddled along with the camera in my lap, on the skirt. A thin layer of ice built up on the skirt and the camera, tethered, slipped into the water. No big deal I thought, its waterproof.

I took some pictures. The display didn't look right but the camera worked. The downloaded pictures were disappointing; what happened?

I think in the cold, after the camera slipped into the drink, some water froze on the lens. The camera worked in colder than advertised temperatures so I give it an A+ for that. I just need to keep it out of the water when its this freezing cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment