Translate

Friday, May 7, 2010

Carrots

Early carrots

I am a kayaker but not just a kayaker. I have many irons in the fire. At times, too many irons. Some irons I have limited control over; others I have in the fire because I'm too optimistic about the number of balls I can keep in the air. That's a fault I have to work on.

One of my interests is gardening. Last fall I planted carrots in my greenhouse hoping to get fresh carrots for Christmas. They didn't make it before frost came but I left them in the ground anyway. When spring came I was surprised to see them start to grow again. Now it looks like I'll have the earliest carrots in Newfoundland.

What does this have to do with kayaking? I don't know, I just find it interesting that carrots, like bears, hibernate.

No comments:

Post a Comment