Translate

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Watchin' the wheels go round and round

The "Fantastic Four"

Still suffering from the effects of a wicked cold but decidedly feeling better than last Saturday. Not quite well enough to get wet yet so I sort of feel like John Lennon who was seen at one point as "watchin' the wheels go round and round."

Where I couldn't drag myself out of the house a week ago, I felt good enough to check out my friends' cold water rescue practice today. I looked on in envy.

The water is only at about 1 C but Clyde, Dean, Neville and Sean enthusiastically threw themselves into the drink for self and assisted rescues. I timed the assisted rescues at 50 seconds immersion time which is well within Paddle Canada standards. I watched Dean practice his off-side roll, miss occasionally, set up on his good side and roll up. I watched Neville do a wet re-entry and roll. Major ice cream headaches! Sean did butterfly rolls with his storm paddle whereas Clyde, without a GP, stuck to the regular roll.

Well done guys, in fact, astonishing!

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment