Translate

Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas is over, almost

Alex out for a paddle New Year's Day

There are still 3 days left in the Christmas season but it has the feel of being over. Its Monday and everyone has gone back to work. Its quiet around here.

A few of my paddling buddies were off during the Christmas season and I was lucky to have had a chance to paddle with them a few times. They're gone back to work so I'm left to my own devices now. There are options but any decent paddle must now wait for the weekends and hope that the weather cooperates.

I love Christmas, there's a different routine. Friends and family visit. Its a festive time of year when there's little heed paid to moderation in eating and drinking.

And, I hate Christmas, when there's a sudden return to the normal routine. It'll take few days but I'll settle back. For now though, I'll enjoy what's left of Christmas and on Thursday I'll take down the tree after which life will return to the normal routine.

I like routine, routine is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment