Translate

Monday, September 21, 2009

On looking foolhardy

Malcolm and Stan in St. Philips

Yesterday the forecast was for 35 - 45 kms/hr N winds. That would be blowing in the right direction at St. Philips; if I got into trouble at worst I'd blow back onto the beach. I went to have a look. The sea state was as expected. The morning was grey, gloomy and raw in the north wind.

It was manageable for a solo paddle within the confines of the cove. I had second thoughts. The cove is lined with houses and there's always someone driving by. I wondered if I wouldn't look like a fool out in the wind and waves by myself. Or, if I ended up in the water would that precipitate an unwarranted call to emergency services. So I passed and went to Topsail Pond instead.

The question remains though, should I have put-in and pay no heed to what anyone might think?

No comments:

Post a Comment