Translate

Saturday, September 5, 2009

All ship

Tanker "Vinland" lays at anchor

Stan and I had to pass by this tanker when paddling back to Long Pond after our excursion on Conception Bay Wednesday. It supplies the Holyrood hydro generating station with fuel and was laying high at anchor after discharging its cargo. Only the orange part of the hull is out of the water when the tanker is loaded.

From this vantage point, I paddled between the bow and anchor chain. I felt a bit like a mouse creeping beside a sleeping elephant - hoping that it wouldn't roll over!

Nothing but ship

I went to the stern of the Vinland and was struck by the enormity of the ship. I wanted to get a picture where the ship filled the whole frame but still be able to recognize it as a ship. Its not going to win a photo contest but I liked the effect.

The sun dances on the bottom of the hull reflected off of the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment