Translate

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Goofing around

Goofing around at practice

They say "practice makes perfect". Not true. Incorrect practice doesn't make perfect, only perfect practice makes perfect.

Thursday evening I had a lot of fun at practice but I didn't really apply myself. I jumped out of the boat to try a cowboy backdeck re-entry. The camera came out of a pocket on my PFD and I figured I may as well take some pictures from the water. Then Brain took the tethered camera and took a picture of me at the stern of my boat. Good thing the water wasn't too cold and there was no emergency.

Its alright to goof-off from time-to-time but next time I need to get serious and treat rescue practice as a real-life situation. Someday it could well be for real.

2 comments:

  1. Keepin' it fun Tony ...keepin 'it fun.....

    Glad to see ya out on and in the water...:-)

    I was out hiking around today and thought might of been nice to try that out....really gnarly waters out there today.


    Stan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Stan, its got to have a sprinkling of fun. Otherwise what's the point hey wha?

    Tony :-)

    ReplyDelete