Translate

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Savour the day

Sean checking it out

A beautiful day for a paddle that I just couldn't let pass. Cheryl wanted to get out for her first paddle of the year and husband Sean was willing to oblige. Dennis and I tagged along. I knew it would be at an easy pace today and that was perfectly fine with me. I knew it would be a day to savour being on the water.

Does it get any better?

See what I mean? A day to savour!

Dennis scoots through

The water was at low tide. In fact it was probably at its lowest low. A lot of rocks were exposed and we couldn't get through some spots that are normally passable.

Cheryl and Sean emerge

One of the pleasures of sea kayaking on a day like we had today is taking time to navigate between the rocks.

Icicles persist

It was 6C today for our paddle but the nights have still been bitter cold for this time of year. Therefore, icicles continue to adorn the cliffs.

We had a slow, leisurely paddle today at an average speed of 4.5 kms/hr. We weren't intent on breaking speed records. We were out to savour the day; like enjoying a piece of dark chocolate ... best to just let it melt on the tongue.

1 comment: