Translate

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Trick or treat

Treating ourselves to a beautiful day

I don't know if is because this is a spooky time of year but my new Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 camera has been behaving oddly.

New, out of the box, when the camera is turned on there's an "Olympus" welcome message displayed on screen. Its just useless waste of time when taking pictures but can be turned off, which I did. On a recent trip right out of the blue it got turned on again so I had to figure out how to turn it off again.

On the same trip, the camera just went from taking 14 megapixel pictures to 2 megapixel which was unknown to me until I downloaded the shots after I got home. Very odd.

Yesterday I showed up at St. Philips for some more windy day play with what I thought was a fully charged battery. It was fully discharged so I got no pictures. I was dumbfounded because I watched the charging indicator light go off.

I don't know if it was something I did inadvertently or if there's a software glitch but I'll be keeping a close eye on it. So, while I had a treat playing in the waves my camera was playing tricks on me.

4 comments:

  1. Great paddle Tony. These camera things can be a pain on the water.


    S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a lot of fun and thankfully you have a post so all is not lost!

    The drained battery was odd for sure. With the 6020, the battery is charged in the camera and an indicator light lets ya know the battery is charging. When it goes off ya can unplug the camera. The light went off yet there wasn't a gig in the battery yesterday. Go figure. It charged fine last night and everything is back in working order.

    Tony :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tony,

    I took your comment about my Wilderness systems Tempest 165 off that post - no offence intended! I haven't been trying very hard to sell it so far, but I put it on facebook and the comment came up right beside the picture...
    Hoping to save up for a canoe of all things!!!

    All the best from wild and windy Orkney!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No offensive taken for sure. A canoe is a great idea, it is so emblematic of Canada. Canadians are sometimes called "canoeheads" *lol*

    Been pretty windy here lately as well due to a rash of hurricanes brushing by.

    Tony :-)

    ReplyDelete