Translate

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Too much stuff

The simple pleasures in life

A friend that trains at the gym with me is a successful businessman. He is self made and that is to be admired as opposed to inherited money. He can buy pretty much anything he wants and has. But there is a cost to having stuff. The more stuff you have the more there is to look after and care for.

He has a summer place almost an hours drive out of town. In the winter, if the furnace for his hot-water radiation heat system doesn't function he gets an alarm message and he has to get out of bed to go check it out. He's concerned he'll face additional taxes for owning a house in Florida as an "alien".

I listen to this and I think "that's not for me". For me the trick is to only as much as can be enjoyed. One of those things is my Nordkapp. It can't get any better than that when I'm in it floating on the water without a care in the world.

2 comments:

  1. I make just one qualification ... you can't have enough kayaking gear *lol*

    Tony :-)

    ReplyDelete