Translate

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The gift of life

The G man

Life is a gift. Some people I think sense that more than others. Gerard is one of those. The G man's infectious enthusiasm will lift the spirits of anyone.

I sense this gift of life strongly also. Life is a gift but I also have the gift of life to give. Yesterday I gave blood . I hadn't given as frequently lately because of a couple of piercings, however, I'm in the clear to donate again.

My unit of blood will benefit up to 5 people who may need it because of chemotherapy treatments, heart operations etc, etc. Its a good feeling that makes me feel more alive (if that's possible).

4 comments:

  1. I donate blood regularly every six weeks or so. It's certainly no loss to me but it's nice to know you're helping others. Plus, I do it during working hours so it's an excuse to go and lie down for a few minutes when you're supposed to be in the office!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sean, that's impressive. I noticed off and on that you'd be down a pint *lol*

    Should consider donating plasma or platelets, that takes much longer!

    Tony :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually donate a few times a year...add in some tours overseas (drugs we have to take) and tattoos...I havent donated in a while

    ReplyDelete
  4. I contemplated the plasma and platelets but they advised me that it would take up too much time if you work fulltime. They told me it was more geared towards retired people - go figure!

    ReplyDelete