Translate

Thursday, November 12, 2009

No surprises

Malcolm with the setting sun in Conception Bay

Yesterday after I went to the Remembrance Day ceremony I shared a paddle from St. Philips to Topsail with 4 other paddlers. As we approached Topsail Beach the wind swung to the NE, increased to 25 knots and snow started to blow. We decided to take-out at Topsail Beach and formed a plan to retrieve our vehicles which we left at St. Philips.

Today Malcolm (not with us yesterday) and myself met in St. Philips and in 10 knot winds from the WSW we started to paddle to Bell Island. After a while we conferred and decided to carry on to Bell Island. We made good time against the wind and wind waves covering the approx 5 kms in just under an hour.

On the way back the wind dropped and we had a relaxing paddle back to St. Philips. The sun was going down and I lamented that I hadn't taken my camera. Malcolm offered his and mailed me the above picture.

No unscheduled take-outs today, no surprises just a great paddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment