Translate

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Goofing around

Paul in a red sun world

I got my National Geographic on Friday. The cover story was "Are we alone?"; a favourite topic of mine. Its an update on astronomy's search for other earths in our Milky Way galaxy.

I've often surmised when I'm out in my kayak whether there was someone anywhere else in the Universe (other on the same Earth as I) that was also out for a paddle. What are the chances? I suspect slim to none, maybe infinitesimal. Possibly so but the chances are much greater that there is some form of life, even complex mulitcellular life. Maybe trilobites?

Astronomy has identified suns that are most likely to harbour a rocky planet in a habitable zone. Stars like our sun or smaller. There are also red giant stars. I played around with a recent picture of Paul until I got an effect that might suggest he's living in a red star sun system.

Note, Stan is starting to rub off! I'm not going to go where he does but I might just play around a bit as time permits.

No comments:

Post a Comment