Translate

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Househenge

Sunset thru the eyes of a welder

Its believed Stonehenge was built to enable Neolithic people to mark when the summer solstice (the longest day) arrived. There are other theories however.

This time of year I track the sunsets as the days get shorter. The point where the sun sets is gradually creeping in a southerly direction on the western horizon. I don't have a Stonehenge. I have a househenge - a house on the horizon that marks the point where the sun sets on the shortest day of the year.

Its sort of like a low point in the year. I know all I have to do is look at the calendar but watching where the sun sets is so visual. It ties me to my prehistoric ancestors.

I shot the sunset through my welders glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment