Translate

Friday, November 28, 2008

Theory of lightening


This is the original picture of Stan at Topsail Beach







This is the "lightened" picture

This post doesn't have anything to do with lightening as in a bolt of electricity. This is about being able to doctor a picture that turned out too dark because the taker (me) wasn't familiar with the new camera.

I came across a freeware program called "GIMP" that I think works the same as Photoshop. I tried it out on the picture of Stan at Topsail Beach. In the first picture you can't see his face but after brightening the picture by 50% Stan is easy to identify. And, it looks more like the rainy dreary day it was!

Probably I should learn to use the camera but technology shows that lightening can indeed strike the same spot twice.

Tony :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment