Translate

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Theory of juggling


Stan and myself paddling towards Brigus Head (Malcolm Rowe photo)

Normally I think of juggling as a skill where more than one object is tossed into the air and kept in motion without hitting the ground. In my mind, I see clowns as jugglers.

I've recently come to realize that while I'm not a juggler in that sense, I do juggle tasks. I've realized that its incomprehensible that a retired person like myself has to juggle tasks. There just aren't enough hours in a day for me to do everything I want. Weather is closing in and unfinished tasks remain.

There's a good reason for that; I've been in my kayak 66 times so far this summer. That might explain why I didn't get as much done as I hoped. But ya can't be all work and no play either.

What's the point if ya can't find some time to play? So I did, I insisted on time in my kayak and loved every minute. If I couldn't find time for that then I'd really be a clown!

Tony :-)

2 comments:

  1. 66 TIMES TONY...GOOD FOR YOU MAN. i WISH i HAD THE TIME FOR AS MUCH. i GUESS THE OBJECTIVE IS TO ENJOY THE SPORT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN WHEN YOU GET OUT THERE AND gOD KNOWS i CERTAINLY DO THAT AND i KNOW YOU DO TOO tONY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I tried Stan was to do something productive in the mornings and then reward myself with a paddle in the afternoon. I was determined not to be a slave to work. Its been fun.

    Tony :-)

    ReplyDelete