Translate

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Getting real

Moving waters

Saturday I swam. Why, when I've done hundreds of rolls at the pool this winter? I think the unexpected dunk and moving waters played a bit part in my failure.

At the pool immersion is planned, the mind is prepared to perform a roll, its warm, the water is clear and still.

On the sea immersion is unexpected, sudden, the mind is initially confused, the water is moving and cold.

The answer is obvious. Practice in realistic conditions. I do. Probably not with the same gusto as I do in the pool but I plan more honest practice in realistic conditions on the ocean this year.

In the meantime, last night I introduced some confusion at pool practice by wearing a blindfold for part of my rolling practice. Its not the same but does add a degree of something.

No comments:

Post a Comment