Translate

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Judgment Day

KNL club paddle

Tonight on the agenda is Kayak Newfoundland and Labrador's (KNL) Annual General meeting. Its judgment day for Board members. Well, for some anyway like the President and the Treasurer. I'm the Treasurer and I'm ready, as is my presentation. I think members will be pleased with our solid financial standing.

I've been on the Board for four years. The first two years I developed the club's Calendar of Events for summer and winter and for the past two years I've been in charge of the money. Its been a tightfisted monetary reign! That reign comes to an end tonight as I haven't offered for the position again.

Its been a busy two years, busy in the context of volunteerism. I've enjoyed myself, I've helped put the club on a sound financial footing but its time to pass the torch. After tonight I'll be Joe Clubmember and I'll just paddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment