Translate

Friday, August 19, 2011

Something to look forward to

This is where it starts

Thursday evenings a bunch of us get together to practice at St. Philips. Its something I always look forward to because I know its one day in the week I'm sure to get on the water.

So, I arrive at St. Philips wondering who will show up, carry my boat down the river bank and get dressed for action.

This is where it ends

After almost three hours, 80 rolls (yes, I was counting) and some excellent surf rides the evening was drawing to a close as the sun went down.

We are losing about 3 minutes of daylight each day now so next week we'll be off the water 20 minutes earlier. In 7 weeks the evenings will be too short to carry on. I will miss these Thursday evenings with my paddling colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment