Translate

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Savvy Paddler

Beautiful sunny day

Not every day can be a sunny day. Some days, like today, are not fit for a paddle. Rain is pouring of the heavens bolstered by a 50 km wind with gusts to 70. What to do? Luckily, I was at the library yesterday and checked out the book "Seakayaker's Savvy Paddler" by Doug Alderson. I'm not paddling but I'm learning lots.

A good book to have

This is not a technical book about paddle strokes, rescues and the like. Its a book with over 500 tips to make the entire paddle experience more enjoyable. It covers tips on learning to paddle and equipment purchase for the uninitiated. For the experienced paddler there are a ton of good practical tips on navigation, safety, food and water, clothing, camping and trip planning.

I've borrowed the book from the library but I certainly will be adding it to my kayak book resource. My mind won't retain all this info so I'll want to have it for ready reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment