Translate

Friday, August 7, 2009

Pictures of Stone's Cove for Micheal

Stan paddles into Stone's Cove

Micheal Bond left a comment on an earlier post on Stone's Cove that I didn't read until today. Sorry Micheal.

Micheal's ancestors were from Stone's Cove. He enjoyed the pictures and wanted to get copies. You're welcome to take what pictures you want Micheal and here are a few more you can also have. Its just a matter of right clicking on the picture and save.

I found it amazing to have gotten a comment from Micheal as the families who resettled from Stone's Cove and the hundreds of resettled communities in Newfoundland must be blown all over the globe just like flower seed.

I hope to go back and hopefully spend more time on the ground. Let me know you got the pictures Micheal or if you have any trouble.






3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the picture's. Very much appreciated. In fact the people from Stone's Cove didn't scatter as far as you might think.Alot are still here in St.John's. All my family are still here. My aunt talks of Stone's Cove often.I noticed you mentioned in your blog the absence of a grave yard. My aunt tells me it is there, but probably grown over with bush now.She has a color Pictire of stone's cove hanging in her house.It was taken before the resettlement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, glad that you got them Mike. I have Scott Walden's book that has a picture of Stone's Cove before resettlement so I also have a good idea of how it looked in its heyday.

    Too bad a lot of the history of these communities will be lost in time. I have no connection with any resettled communities but I get a melancholy feeling nonetheless.

    I hope to visit more over the years but need to do more research before going.

    Tony :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long did it take you to get to Stone's Cove? Since my family came from there, I desperately wish to travel to Stone's Cove to see for myself where they lived and experience it all. But I haven't a clue how to go about getting there as I have no boat. Ny ideas?

    ReplyDelete