Translate

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Diamonds in the sun

The sun sparkles like diamonds on the water around Alison

Across much of Canada the summer so far has been cold, considerably below average seasonal temperatures. In Newfoundland the spring has been outstanding but when summer came the mercury dropped here also. That of course becomes the source of complaints by pretty much everyone I talk to. I don't mind because I'm most comfortable in temperatures around 15 - 20 C.

Tom Petty sang that some days are rocks and some days are diamonds. It can't be sunny and warm everyday; I take it as it comes. As long as I'm on the green side of the sod then every day is a diamond of one kind or another. And, cooler weather is perfect paddling weather as the air temp is about the same as the water temp.

No comments:

Post a Comment