Translate

Friday, December 4, 2020

Finding my sea legs again

 

Well, I've finally managed to get my ass off the bike and into my kayak.  Sad to say it took three months.  Nevertheless, I'm back and intend to do things with a bit more balance.

Today Brian, Cathy, Gary, Hazen and I took advantage of the December weather to get out for a paddle from St. Philips.  It was a warm day for December with light winds; a perfect day to confirm to myself I still knew how to paddle.

We headed up the shore towards Portugal Cove which I believe is a more scenic and interesting shore to paddle because ...

... there are more passages to paddle through as Brian leads.

Cathy making her way through Sailing Point.

Gary.

We made a short stop at Beachy Cove.  I went over to check out the sheeted dikes inserted into the rocks on account of heating and melting during movement in the Topsail Fault.

Making our way through the last passage before entering Portugal Cove.

After hanging out in Portugal Cove for a raft-up and chat we headed back to St. Philips, at first under glaring sun reflecting off of the water and mercifully later under overcast skies making it easier to see.

It was a fine first paddle after three months.  I didn't realize how much I missed it.  Next time won't take me so long.  Thanks to the gang for sharing the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment