Translate

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Top 10 paddles of 2011 - #2

Tabular berg

On 20 September I was in White Bay to visit my sister and had a chance to get out to some icebergs. They were bits and pieces that had broken off of the Petermann Ice Island.

It had been two years since I had an iceberg sighting so I eagerly anticipated the paddle as I drove out to Seal Cove. I must have paddled around or in sight of twenty bergs and I was satisfied. It was an unbelievable experience which made it my second best paddle of the year.

Here are a few more shots in addition to the pictures I posted back in September.






Like I said, it was a spectacular day. My only regret was that I didn't have anyone to share the day with. I would have liked to at least get a few shots with a kayak in the scene. There was no one else but I get to share them anyway through the wonders of our modern technology.

2 comments:

  1. Have no fear Tony, when they come our way again I bet there will be lots of boats to photograph now. Nice shots buddy.

    S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stan, it might mean having to hunt them down wherever they are if they don't drift our way.

    Tony :-)

    ReplyDelete