Translate

Thursday, October 20, 2011

A tale of woe

Frothy seas

This is a kayak story of woe is me. On my trip to Trinity Bay a week and a half ago I slept one night awkwardly on my right shoulder. In the morning it hurt but I paddled at less than 100% anyway. I paddled several times since but Tuesday I had to stand down from my usual practice at Topsail Pond. I suspect a tear in my rotator cuff. I don't know for sure but it needs rest if I don't want to have long term consequences.

Therefore, Tuesday I took a hike out to Torbay Point and down to Shooting Point Cove on the East Coast Trail. It wasn't a day in the boat and I looked upon the sea wistfully but I knew I was doing the right thing.

A few shots along the trail follow.

Better days gone by

Dappled light

Stairway to heaven?

Cimmamon fern

2 comments:

  1. cheer up, you're not alone... health speaking!
    the east coast trail is one of the first things I'll do when I'll be there (hope this summer but I'm not sure yet)

    take care,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gio, it will get better I just have to be patient. Be sure to to let me know if you are coming.

    Tony :-)

    ReplyDelete