Translate

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy day for mothers

Mothers' Day interlude

Sherry, the mother of our children, went to see her mother for a couple of hours and I was able to sneak away for a quick paddle. So was Dean.

My mother, though having passed away 22 years ago, was not forgotten on this day. Sadly, she was only 62 years of age. I don't know if I think more about what she did for me or the tragedy of the many years she left on the table.

One of the things we all have in common is a mother so there's no need for me to write a soliloquy to mothers. We all know what that special relationship we have with our mothers means. It goes without saying.

Mothers' Day is a chance to show or tell them how much they mean to us or to quietly reflect on memories where that's all we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment