Translate

Monday, May 4, 2009

Theory of nordkapping

"Stealthy" Stan in all black Nordkapp and gear

If you're going skiing you need skiis. If you're going bowling, you need ... bad example. If you're going nordkapping you'll definately need a Nordkapp.

I feel like I've graduated from some kind of school now that I own a Nordkapp. Stan was buying one and that planted the seed and got me to thinking. For me it was a leap of faith moving from the semi-hard chined Necky Looksha IV to the soft chined Nordkapp. Stan had tried Malcolm's twice last fall but I didn't ask to try because at the time it hadn't entered my mind. I trusted Malcolm to do the research and if Malcolm had a Nordkapp then that was good enough for me.

A couple of times in fresh water and my choice was vindicated. I am so going to enjoy paddling this boat over the summer. I'll miss seal launches though and running the boat up on the beach to land. You just can't do that to a clutured lady like the Nordkapp.

Tony :-)

Here I is, picture snapped by Stan. Just after Stan and I picked up our boats we had them "christened" in Long Pond. The wind was blowing at 45 kms with gusts close to 70. Not a problem paddling into the wind but after paddling downwind, its was a challenge (I don't mind saying) to get turned back into that kind of wind. Some more time on Sunday at Topsail Pond and I feel comfortable and ready to resume ocean paddling. Looking at the picture, maybe I should have saved the money and used it for a hair transplant *lol*!!!

2 comments:

  1. That's funny Tony the same thing is happening to me. Must be our paddling style. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, maybe Stan but I think it might be too late to make corrections now!

    Tony :-)

    ReplyDelete