Translate

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Theory of C

Derrick B took this picture of me on a recent paddle in Long Pond

The shortest theory yet!

The roman numeral for 100 is C. C is also the constant for the speed of light in Einstein's Theory of Relativity - E = MC2.

I had my first paddle of 2008 on the 10th of May last year. Today, on the 9th, I had my 100th paddle since then. It was a couple of hours paddling around in St. Philips cove in the wind and waves but I was determined to get the boat wet to reach that mark.

I know there are people who paddle more but still I consider it a decent milestone. Some were long ocean paddles, some were practice sessions in conditions and some were just practice sessions in fresh water. They all count towards time in the boat and learning.

So, C stands for 100 and it also stands for the speed of light, which seems to be how fast time has passed since May 10 of last year. Its all a blur!

Tony :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment