Translate

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Year 10 get off to a start


A group of us have been meeting at St. Philips one evening a week to practice paddle skills or just an evening leisurely paddle.  Last evening marks the kickoff of the 10th year.  There were years in the past when I was by myself on the first evening but there were six of us this time.


The water temperature is near 0C.  I got things rolling by jumping out of my kayak to do an assisted rescue.  It went off without a hitch.


Cathy gets around the Rock of Ages with a cross bow rudder.


The last number of day have been windy so we still had some residual wave action around the rocks.  Cathy, Peter and I had a blast doing a bit of rock hopping.


Craig and Dave made it an evening for a relaxed paddle.


Paul did the assisted rescue with me and then also made the rest of the evening a relaxed paddle.

I was apprehensive about how well subscribed these evenings would be after last year when attendance hit lows.  So far, so good but I think the water will have to warm up a bit before more people get wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment